Water Damage is never an easy situation to deal with. However, when the water damage involves a Toilet Backup, the situation can be even more difficult. Why? Well, unlike other forms of water damage, a toilet backup involves what is known as black water, the worst of the three categories of water.
- Clean Water: Category one, or clean water, refers to water damage that does not pose a threat to humans.
- Grey Water: Category two, or grey water, refers to water damage that contains a significant degree of chemical, biological or physical contaminants, such as cleaning chemicals, fat and oil from cooking, hair, etc.
- Black Water: Category three, or black water, is the most dangerous of all as it has come into contact with fecal matter, a haven for harmful bacteria and disease-causing pathogens
When dealing with black water, as with a toilet backup, it is important to call a water damage restoration company immediately!
Why Does a Toilet Backup Happen?
- Clog: The most common cause of toilet backup is a clog, when a blockage does not allow sewage to flush. The toilet may back up and overflow.
- Blocked, Broken, or Cracked Pipes: Over time, your home’s sewer pipe may become blocked, cracked or broken. One of the most common causes of trouble is tree roots, which work their ways into your pipes, blocking the entire system. With nowhere else to go, the sewage backs up into your home.
Toilet Backup and Water Damage Restoration Services in Baltimore
At ServiceMaster of Baltimore, we are ready to help with certified licensed restoration technicians available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We maintain a high standard of morals, values, and customer service and handle every job with the utmost care, speed, and effectiveness.
If you have any questions about Toilet Backup and Water Damage Restoration Services in Baltimore, please contact ServiceMaster of Baltimore by calling 866-780-1700 or click here today! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well!