Water damage can wreak havoc on your home or business. So it is important to do everything in your power to prevent water damage from affecting your property. But, in order to prevent water damage, you must first understand the causes of water damage.
Common Causes of Water Damage
- Poor Plumbing: This is the most common cause of water damage. Because of this, it is important to ensure that all of your water installments are properly fixed.
- Appliances: Over time, air conditioners, dryers, washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers and other appliances leak, causing water damage.
- Natural Disaster: Severe weather – hurricanes, floods, heavy rain, etc. – are one of the primary culprits behind water damage and mold in your home or business.
Common Effects of Water Damage
The effects of water damage can be severe, affecting both your home and your health.
- Mold: Not only can mold damage the structure of your home, but it has also been linked to several health issues, including asthma, allergies, rashes, sinus infections, pneumonia, skin infections, and much more!
- Property Damage: Whether it is metal, wood, or cement, these materials will all eventually be damaged when exposed to water.
Are you dealing with water damage in your home or business?
There are so many factors to consider in a crisis such as water damage and flood damage. Let ServiceMaster of Baltimore help you! With over 57 years of experience in helping individuals and families like you with flood restoration, we are the best choice for the job.
If you think you may have water damage, please contact ServiceMaster Clean of Baltimore by calling 866-780-1700 or click here today!
ServiceMaster of Baltimore has spent the last 57 years helping people restore their lives back to normal!
Ever since ServiceMaster of Baltimore was established, we’ve flourished by maintaining a high standard of morals, values, and customer service. We handle all jobs consistently with high speed and effectiveness. Our goal is to restore your property as quickly as possible.