Last week, the Baltimore water damage experts at ServiceMaster of Baltimore provided several tips for Preventing Water Damage from Leaky Roofs and Busted Pipes. Unfortunately, not all water intrusion is preventable. Some, such as flooding, occur naturally. When a natural disaster like a flood occurs, you need to act fast. But what do you do? Who do you call? Where do you even start?
Flood Damage Restoration Tips
- Do not attempt a do-it-yourself (DIY) restoration. Not only will this not get the job done, but it will not save you money either. In fact, a DIY restoration could end up costing you more money in the future. Water damage restoration requires the right tools, tools which the average homeowner does not own. Instead, homeowners think they can achieve the same results with a shop vac and a few fans. Shop vacs, while they are great for surface water, are not powerful enough to extract water that has seeped deep into your carpets and the underlying padding. This could lead to mold growth. Meanwhile, fans will only cause minor evaporation. But where does this evaporated water go? If you guessed nowhere, you are right!
- Do yourself a favor and pick up the phone and call ServiceMaster of Baltimore, your Baltimore water damage restoration experts right away. While we hope a disaster never happens to you, our technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help rectify your situation. We are committed to providing excellent flood damage restoration, exceptional customer service, and above all, peace of mind.
- Take pictures of the water damage and call your insurance agency to file a claim.
- Refrain from using electrical devices, such as fans or water pumps, in wet or damp areas.
- It is important to clear the area of any important materials, including furniture, paintings, etc., to help minimize water damage. This will help preserve the items and help prevent them from becoming moldy.
- Stay calm and wait for ServiceMaster of Baltimore to arrive! With over 57 years of experience in helping individuals and families like you with water damage and mold restoration, we are the best choice for the job. Our trained technicians use the most updated and refined remediation techniques to deliver the highest quality results.
If you have any questions about Baltimore Water Damage Restoration or Flood Damage Restoration, please contact ServiceMaster of Baltimore by calling 866-780-1700 or click here today! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well!