We have already told you why you need to have your carpets professionally cleaned. But how often should you have your carpets serviced by a professional carpet cleaning company? The answer might surprise you.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends the following:
• For households of 2 or fewer people (non-smokers): The EPA suggests having your carpets cleaned every 6-12 months.
• For larger households (non-smokers): The EPA recommends having your carpets cleaned every 3 months.
Having your carpets professionally serviced is about more than just aesthetic appeal. Dust, dander, and other contaminants collect on your carpet. Because of this, having your carpets cleaned can really improve the indoor air quality of your home.
So as you can see, carpet cleaning is a crucial component of any healthy home. And while it might be tempting to try and save money with a do-it-yourself carpet cleaning, don’t do it. There are some inherent risks with do-it-yourself methods, including:
– Over saturation of the carpet: Over saturation can cause the glue that holds the carpet fibers together to separate, ruining your carpet.
– Misapplication of cleaners: Applying cleaning products incorrectly can permanently stain your carpets.
So trust your carpet cleaning to a proven professional, like ServiceMaster of Baltimore. Our exclusive carpet cleaning process includes:
• Preliminary inspection of your carpets to determine the best cleaning method
• Pre-treating spots and stains
• Pre-applying shampoo to loosen ground-in soil
• Rinsing carpets using clear hot water
• Post-treating any residual stains
• Grooming carpet for efficient drying and uniform appearance
• Placing pads under furniture legs to protect the carpet while drying
• Performing final inspection with you present to ensure complete satisfaction
If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact ServiceMaster Clean of Baltimore by calling 866-780-1700 or click here today!
Your flooring is one of the most noticeable features of your home. Replacing a neglected floor can not only be costly, but time consuming and disruptive to your life. Extend the life and beauty of your carpet with professional care from ServiceMaster of Baltimore.
Maintaining a clean carpet is one of the best ways to improve your home’s overall appearance. Whether it’s regular cleaning or spot /stain removal, count on the experts at ServiceMaster of Baltimore to thoroughly and safely restore your carpet to its original beauty.