Last week, we outlined several water damage prevention tips to help protect your home from the devastating effects of water damage. However, despite your best efforts, water damage can still happen. And when it does, you need help. Professional water damage restoration companies have specialized equipment to help them effectively remedy the situation and ensure your property is completely dry.
You need ServiceMaster of Baltimore. Our technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to provide help within hours of your initial call. And while you wait, there are several steps you can take to minimize water damage.
If you ignore water damage, it will only get worse. So call ServiceMaster of Baltimore right away, and follow these tips to minimize water damage.
- If the source of water damage is a leaky or busted pipe, locate the shut-off valve for your home’s water supply and turn it off. This could be the difference between a little water damage and major home damage.
- Take pictures of the damage and call your insurance agency to file a claim.
- Open windows and ventilate the wet areas.
- Do not use electrical devices, like fans or water pumps, in any wet or damp areas.
- Remove rugs to dry outside.
- Clear any furniture or valuables from the affected area.
- Stay calm and wait for ServiceMaster of Baltimore to arrive!
Warning: Avoid tampering with any water damage if you are unsure of the source. Water damage is classified into three categories: clean water, grey water, and black water. Each is progressively worse than the last.
- Clean Water: Water damage that does not pose a threat to humans.
- Grey Water: Water damage that contains a significant degree of chemical, biological or physical contaminants.
- Black Water: Water damage that has come into contact with fecal matter.
If you have any questions about our blog, “Minimize Water Damage with these Tips from ServiceMaster of Baltimore,” please contact ServiceMaster of Baltimore by calling 866-780-1700 or click here today! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well! With over 57 years of experience in helping individuals and families like you with flood restoration, we are the best choice for the job.