You are having nice time hosting your housewarming party, but of course, someone has to spill dark red wine on your newly installed carpet. But do not worry, you have the products in arms reach to easily clean up that mess. Products you use daily from white vinegar to ammonia are now your saving graces to treating tough stains.
From red wine to kool-aid, these stains might seem the most horrific and difficult to remove. But by using white vinegar and dish soap, you can get these stains out of simply anywhere even white carpet.
- For most stains, gently blot with a wet washcloth or a paper towel. This will remove any of the liquid that has not absorbed yet. DO NOT try to scrub the stain out because you will ruin the carpet fibers and risk the stain spreading through the carpet pad.
- Mix together 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp. of dish soap, and water in a spray bottle. Spray the affected area generously and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Begin to blot the stain with a sponge or cloth until the stain has lifted.
Coffee stains can turn a nice morning into a nightmare. Luckily there are simple steps to not have a nast brown carpet.
- Start by blotting the area to dry the stain.
- Try a mixture of 1 tbsp of ammonia and water. For wool or wool-blend carpets, swap out the ammonia for a mild detergent.
- Spray the affected area, let stand, and begin blotting to remove the stain.
- Repeat step 3 if needed.
Your little ones and your pets can not seem from keeping your carpets “number 1” free. Act quickly because no one wants that odor lingering in their home.
- Blot the spill with a cloth or towel.
- Spray the area with one part white vinegar to one part water.
- Then spray the area again with a solution of ½ tsp. of non-bleach detergent and water.
- Remove the stain by blotting the area until dry.
Need Help With A Stained Carpet?
ServiceMaster of Baltimore has expertise and knowledge of the most innovative solutions in the industry. We are Maryland’s most trusted name in cleaning and restoration services because our team will do everything possible to reduce your loss and preserve your property. Call your local Baltimore cleaning service company: ServiceMaster of Baltimore of Baltimore. We have certified licensed restoration technicians on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Stained carpets might seem hopeless, but our service will prove otherwise. Click Here to request an estimate today!