It’s a homeowner’s worst nightmare. You wake up one morning, walk downstairs to make your cup of coffee, and, as you step onto the carpet, you hear a squishing noise. What is that? You flip on the lights and you are surprised to find standing water in your living room. What do you do? How do you minimize the water damage? Who do you call? Do you call your insurance company? Is your loss covered?
First of all, take a deep breath. Everything is going to be okay. Secondly, you need to find a Baltimore Water Damage Restoration Company. But how? There are so many companies out there, how do you find the best company? The search can be a bit overwhelming if you don’t have a plan, especially during an emergency.
How to find a Baltimore Water Damage Restoration Company
Step 1) Start the Search: Look online and find water damage restoration companies in your area. Make a list of several companies and move onto step 2: questioning.
Step 2) Questions to Ask: It is important to research any water damage restoration company before you decide to hire them. However, when it comes to water damage, time is of the essence. You have to make a decision quickly. This is why it is so important to know which questions to ask.
- How long have you been in business? When it comes to water damage restoration, experience is a huge plus. When a company has been in business for years, or even decades, there is very little they haven’t dealt with. They will know how to quickly and efficiently deal with your specific situation.
- Are you certified? You want a water damage restoration company certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, Restoration Certification, or IICRC. “All IICRC-certified professionals have the training and experience to identify moisture sources, evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected), contain damage, remove contamination and dry materials to ensure that mold will not return,” according to IICRC.org.
- How quickly can you come out? Time is of the essence. You need a water damage restoration company that can help you immediately. If not rectified quickly, damage can quickly worsen and you could have a completely new problem on your hands: mold.
- Are you approved by my Insurance Company? You need a water damage restoration company that is approved by your insurance agency.company. Otherwise, you could find yourself paying out-of-pocket, making a bad situation even worse.
Why choose ServiceMaster of Baltimore
While we hope a disaster never occurs to you, ServiceMaster of Baltimore is ready to serve you and rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. We have been helping Baltimore homeowners and business owners, like you, for more than 57 years. Our experienced, knowledgeable, and certified licensed restoration technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to provide prompt help within hours of your initial call.
Additional benefits of ServiceMaster of Baltimore include:
- Our IICRC accredited field managers are specialists in water mitigation.
- We are an approved vendor for most major insurance companies, and we serve most local and regional insurance companies and claims offices.