It’s usually taken at face value that mold shouldn’t be in your house, and if it’s found it needs to be removed. But do you know the reason behind these words or warning? What exactly is so harmful about it, and how does mold affect your health?
Usually, healthy adults without any hypersensitivity to mold can still experience cold-like symptoms when exposed to mold for long periods of time. Congestion, eye irritation, wheezing, and skin irritation are all normal reactions to mold. People who are hypersensitive to mold can experience fever and shortness of breath. Anyone who suffers from asthma is at risk of an asthma attack and other symptoms of that condition.
Development of Asthma
Mold is especially dangerous to small children. Since their respiratory systems are still developing and more susceptible to environmental hazards, mold in the home can lead to the development of asthma in children with a genetic predisposition to the condition. If you are expecting, or worry that their might be mold in your home already, don’t hesitate to call a mold inspector. They will know where to look and how to proceed if mold is found.
Have Mold Removed
At the very first sign of mold a professional needs to be called in to totally remove the problem. Bleach is not enough to thoroughly remove mold, and black mold isn’t the only dangerous type of mold.
Call 866-780 1700 for Emergency Mold Remediation!
For over 57 years, ServiceMaster of Baltimore has been serving the residents of Baltimore with 24/7 availability. We understand how devastating water damage can be on a home or business, which is why we have certified licensed restoration technicians available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. When you call, we will have technician at your home or business within hours of your initial call.
Hopefully you have found our blog, “How Does Mold Affect Your Health?,” informative and helpful. Continue to check back weekly for more helpful tips.