If you ever become the unfortunate victim of a house fire, there are several things you need to know. Let’s just hope that you never have to use this newfound knowledge.
1) Fire Damage Restoration is up to you!
While the fire department makes sure the fire is out and the home is still structurally sound, fire damage restoration is up to you!
2) Dangers may still be present in your Home following a Fire!
You should never enter a home after a fire until a professional fire damage restoration expert clears it first. This is because dangers – airborne contaminants and more – may still be present.
- Soot: Breathing in soot can cause serious respiratory issues.
- Mold: Mold spores and other potentially deadly contagions may be present in your home following a fire. And like soot, mold can also lead to serious respiratory issues.
- Smoke: While smoke may no longer be visible, the effects of smoke may still be present. And like soot and mold, smoke damage can lead to respiratory issues.
Because of the above issues, you should never enter a home after a house fire without a mask or respirator.
3) Leave the Restoration to the Professionals!
Mishandling your damaged possessions can lead to further damage of your home. Because of this, it is important to leave the fire damage restoration to the professionals.
ServiceMaster of Baltimore: Your Baltimore Fire Damage Restoration Experts!
Between the fire damage, smoke damage, and odor, a fire is one of the most difficult disasters to clean up. At ServiceMaster of Baltimore, over 57 years helping people restore their lives back to normal, we understand this and we are here to help.
If you have any questions about Fire Damage Restoration, please contact ServiceMaster of Baltimore by calling 866-780-1700 or click here today!
ServiceMaster of Baltimore has spent the last 57 years helping people restore their lives back to normal!