A house fire or flood is anything but easy to deal with. Luckily, there are professional fire and water restoration companies that specialize in cleaning up after such disasters. So if you are the unfortunate victim of a flood or fire, call a restoration expert right away.
Time is of the essence. The longer you wait to call, the longer the smoke or water has to seep into the building materials of your home, resulting in a more prolonged and more expensive restoration process.
And if you are thinking about attempting a do-it-yourself restoration, think again. While this seems like a great money-saving plan, it is an expensive mistake many homeowners make that costs them more money in the long run. After all, experts are experts for a reason; they know what they are doing.
Here are some things you may not know about fire damage:
• Even after a fire has been extinguished, smoke will continue to be absorbed by various parts of the building, furniture and furnishings. A professional fire damage restoration company will be able to minimize these damages.
• Unless treated with special chemicals, the strong odors associated with smoke and fire will often remain for weeks and even months after a fire.
• There are different types of smoke: wet smoke, dry smoke, and fuel smoke. Each require different restoration techniques.
Here are some things you may not know about water damage:
• There are three categories of water: Category 1 is clean water from sources such as a broken pipe or overflowing sink. Category 3 contains bacteria and fungi and comes from sources such as a backed up toilet or a broken sewer pipe. The restoration process differs for each category.
• Water damage can indirectly affect your property. As water evaporates, it is absorbed into various objects and building materials as moisture. And as we have mentioned in previous posts, moisture leads to mold and mold leads to health problems and damage to your home.
So, as you can see, it is important to entrust your fire restoration or water restoration to a professional company with the knowledge needed to properly restore your home to its former glory. That is why you should call ServiceMaster Clean of Baltimore if you ever become the unfortunate victim of a home fire or flooding.
We understand that experiencing fire and/or smoke damage can be difficult. We are here to help. Years of experience in returning homes and offices back to their original condition and helping families and individuals just like you make us the best choice for emergency services.
We are known for our consistency, speed and high standards of customer service. Our goal is to restore your property as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact ServiceMaster Clean of Baltimore by calling 866-780-1700 or click here today!
With over 56 years of experience in helping individuals and families like you with fire and flood restoration, we believe we are the best choice for the job. Ever since our company was established, we’ve flourished by maintaining a high standard of morals, values, and customer service. We handle all jobs consistency with high speed and effectiveness. Our goal is to restore you to back to your life as quickly as possible.